Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Not so "Wordless Wednesday" - Garden abundance

An over abundance of goodies from the deck garden has been a pleasant problem to have.


I recently read somewhere that you can keep your tomatoes in the warmer refrigerator bins & they will keep longer, but the bin was beginning to overflow.


So I took them out & let them warm up to room temperature...


Then went outside to pick some basil...


Add a little fresh Mozzarella & of course you've got the easiest side dish around ~ just add a little cracked pepper, sea salt & Balsamic to taste 
(I skipped the olive oil)
(Too bad I forgot to take a pic before we dived into it)

If you've been wondering what to do with all the herbs you can't possible use right now, check out this helpful post I recently found on Twitter: Save the herbs! I'm excited as we have more Thyme, Rosemary, Mint & Basil than I know what to do with!


Not to mention that every day we go out & pick the yummiest, sweetest ripe berries for a quick snack.


Our Munchkin usually gets the largest ones... or "all of them", as he loves to say & which is more often the case.

P.S. Enjoy the rest of your gardening season!


If you liked this post, you might also enjoy: Wordless Wednesday - Making Spring Rolls w/ Garden Goodness  or  Mama Robin's Safe Haven

No comments: