Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Breakthroughs

How important is yesterday's news? 
(or even this morning's news?) 

 
I recently posted couple of tweets that really got me thinking that sometimes life would be easier if I wasn't so darned addicted to aware of social networking sites. (I confess...it's true.) My fuel these days is the information I find on Twitter & the frequent updates made on Twitter, to Facebook, my tumblr & most recently my Pinterest pages. I'm almost ashamed to say that I've been considering buying an iPad.  

 
One was: "Some days are just too hectic to read tweets but I always feel like I'm missing out on good information & conversation."

A couple of tweeps I follow responded in agreement:
"@kbettcher I am with you! 
So much good stuff but so hectic sometimes"

"@bklalor I agree with you.  
I think twitter is giving me Attention Deficit Disorder"

The other tweet was: "Does anyone else feel like they're in Vegas playing slots scrolling past hundreds of tweets on your phone after you've been away for a while?"  

My issue was "what if somewhere along the way I miss some tweets with breaking information, wisdom that might change my life or that perfect opportunity which presented itself?"
 

Realistically, there's never going to be enough hours in any given day to let Twitter or any other social networking site rule your world.  There has to be moderation & balance in life - Correct?  

Sometimes yesterday's news, or even this morning's news, should just wait to be seen or heard.

I've also been feeling massive pangs of guilt because I haven't had the time nor inspiration to blog here lately.  Sometimes you need to stop & deal with the here & now and not escape in the day-to-day distractions. Sometimes that's when the healing beings & the real breakthroughs happen. 

If you liked this post, you might also enjoy:The Lure of Blog Comments

No comments: