Thursday, February 18, 2010

Do you have the Olympic Spirit?

You can’t help but be inspired by the performances from some of the USA Olympians this week, including Lindsey Vonn ( a MN girl – very cool), Julia Mancuso (both Alpine Skiing), Shaun White (Snowboarding), Shani Davis (Speed Skating) & Apolo Ohno (Short Track). The stories are similar, from overcoming injuries which did not allow them to perform at their best in years past, to pure dominance in the sport & then those trying to live up to tremendous expectations to medal. There have been sacrifices, dedication, perseverance & determination required of each of them. They have lived up to the hype & made their visions of success realities.

"If I have given my all and still do not win, I haven’t lost. Others might remember winning or losing; I remember the journey." Apolo Ohno

A lot can be learned from them & so much taken away into our own lives. We can choose to be burdened & weight down by the high expectations we have for ourselves & that others have for us, or we can use that to fuel our paths to greatness. It’s not always clear how it will happen, but unless we take steps each day in the direction of our goals, we’ll never see the finish line.

Waking up this morning to a sky filled with sunlight & the promise of warming temperature to melt the abundance of this Winter’s snow, gave me the tone for my day – Live the Olympic Spirit. The golf season is only a few months away & I can just feel the warm air blowing around me as I walk the course. Brighter days have got to be around the corner & every day I better prepare myself for what’s ahead, I can say is a productive one.

No comments: