Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Making Time for Followup

I've been spending a lot of time searching out new job leads and networking for new contacts within my target companies. It's a daily ritual which normally commences late at night when the rest of the house is fast asleep. I prefer to work with only a small office lamp, serving as my nightlight of sorts.  

Earlier today, I took time to followup on some of the leads which have not yet developed into actual interviews yet.  Being hopeful alone won't make the kind of impression which will produce an interview, so I'm committed to doing my homework & to reaching out to those who have initiated discussions with me - keeping as many balls in the air as possible.

Lord knows I can't control when each ball or lead will either fall, or be tossed out of the rotation. The truth is, I need to keep the faith that one of them will be good Karma manifested, resulting in a true job prospect which truly aligns with my skill set, strengths & core competencies.  I know the right opportunity is out there for me - I just need to make sure I'm ready for it when that ball falls in my lap.

No comments: