Saturday, September 18, 2010

Back to Blogging Day 5: What Blogging Means to You

The last "Back to Blogging" exercise is about sharing what blogging means to me as well as how I think blogging has changed my life.

Blogging for me is the 21st century blank book. It's also a place of solace, like my "old school" journal writing - only better & less introspective. The time I spend typing away in front of the computer late at night, writing concepts for posts in a small notebook while riding on the bus or sitting at my desk at work, is like a drug.  It soothes away the stress of the day, while clearing my head, so that I have more time and energy to take on "life". 

I've always been a reader & have considered myself a writer since childhood.  Hope and nutrient value can be found in books. Writing is about communicating your passion.  I love the processes of contemplation, dissection and re-interpretation. 

Journal excerpt from 2001

I love how the ideas develop from a simple thought scribbled on a page in a couple of sentences & then are transformed into a complete blog post. Blogging is also fun!

Sally Forth comic strip from 1996
As a relative newbie to the world of blogging, I confess I have a lot to learn, but I am confident that I made the right choice am am open to any advice other long-time online writers/bloggers have to offer.
 
I'm in this:
  • to be myself - to find my own unique voice; 
  • to share my perspectives on the books I read , the people I encounter who have influenced me,  marketing trends, life's ups & downs as well as parenthood;
  • and to share my corner of the world through my photography. 
No two perceptions are alike, which is exactly why no two blogs I've ever read are alike. Blogging has changed my life, by providing exponential reach for the growing collection of words I have to offer. We all have our own stories to tell and I'm no exception. It's allowed me to find this community of like-minded individuals who thrive on the freedom of the written word and the power of sharing the personal experience. For that I am truly grateful.

No comments: