Friday, September 10, 2010

This Time Every Year

There are certain times of the year that are especially reflective for me and birthdays are just one example. Another year passes & you can't help but look back at your challenges & accomplishments - asking:

Was it a good year? 
Did my wishes come true? 
 Do I have any regrets? 
What would I have done differently?
What goals will remain on my list from the year before 
that have alluded me?

Even while all those thoughts fill your head, there are some individuals who you are thankful for; especially when they remind you of why your friendship has meant so much to them over the years.  One special individual sent me a lovely card this week and it totally made me smile. Here are my favorite lines:

"Each year is  number...Try counting the friendships you hold in your heart...count the good deeds that you so often do...count the things you've accomplished and kind words you've said... good books you have read...all the lives that you touch with your everyday caring that matters so much... the difference you've made will be perfectly clear..." - unknown

This old-school GenX-er is truly blessed! 

No comments: