Saturday, September 25, 2010

Fall & all it's Local Glory

Williams-Sonoma is one of the few catalogs I love to leaf through when it arrives at the beginning of each season.

From the Williams-Sonoma October 2010 Catalog
Can't help but dream of all the treats we Moms love to make with the lusciously sweet and tart local apple varieties found here in Minnesota. Last week I found some yummy HoneyCrisp apples for the boys to eat from Fireside Orchard. Needless to say they disappeared very quickly from the refrigerator at a rate of 2-3 each day. I was planning to make some apple crisp with Sweet 16's I bought today from Novaks Orchard but Munchkin declared he liked them also just "to eat".


So remember these zucchini from last weekend's Farmers Market haul? It was time to get them shredded into sweet bread. 

 My own recipe is a banana zucchini, but I only wanted to do the latter so I found a standby recipe online, modified the spices slightly & ignored the call for nuts. (I never do nuts in my food - yes, I know who doesn't like nuts in food? That would be me.)

 





A wonderful way to spend part of a peaceful Saturday Fall afternoon don't you think? And when that project was finished, I could sit back & enjoy these lovelies we picked out today from Market Flowers at the Minneapolis Farmers Market.


What things to you enjoy doing on these lovely fall weekends?

If you liked this, you might also enjoy: Wordless Wednesday - Making Spring Rolls w/ Garden Goodness

1 comment:

Amelia Sprout said...

You pretty much covered it. I am buying apples tomorrow and I'm going to cook up a storm. Mmmmm.... apple butter.