Sunday, September 11, 2011

Stream of Consciousness Sunday ~ Full Brain

It's Week 9 of my Stream of Consciousness Sunday posts. I took last week off because as a family we took our first overnight road trip together up north in Duluth, MN.  


I'm back in the saddle & am feeling mentally stuffed - my brain full - after an entire day of networking, learning & plain old socializing at Minnesota Blogger Conference 2011


I won't use this post as my recap - that will be another day, however I did want to say it was a totally different experience going into the event this year than last.  There was an anxiousness that I felt last year because I was totally green as a blogger.  I had no idea what to expect & I knew hardly anyone who would be there.  I had tweeted with folks but had met very few face to face.

This year I was surprised to have a couple people approach me & say "you look familiar, what's your blog's name" or "I think I follow you", which blew me away.  I had a few very in-depth conversations that left me knowing so much more about the other person than I thought I'd know coming out of this experience.

There's such a genuine feeling you get when you talk to people in the Twin Cities Blogging community.  It's like nothing else I've experienced.  It's warm, welcoming & inclusive.  For that I'm thankful. My guess is that many of us may be introverts & appreciate spending time with other people who want to get to us better & on a much deeper level ~ people who genuinely care what you have to say & take it to heart.

 
It's also a day of reflection in memory of the 10th anniversary of 9/11. None of us, however, will ever forget where we were that day & how we first learned of the horrific tragedy. Amongst those who lost loved ones, there are also the positive stories of children born on that fateful day.  May the Lord give us the strength to balance the pain with the joy and cherish the memories of the innocence we all lost watching those towers fall.  I'm very thankful that, as a country, we survived that traumatic day & grew stronger as a result.


This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…

Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.

§         Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.

§         Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.

§         Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.

§         Link up your post at all.things.fadra

§         Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.

If you liked this post, you might also enjoy: My 9/11 Memories on Tumblr or  My Lens Into The First Ever MN Blogger Conference or Stream of Consciousness Sunday - The Pieces That Make Us Whole

8 comments:

Arik C. Hanson, APR said...

Thanks for coming yesterday. Monika. And I completely agree about the inclusive nature of the MN blogging community. Exactly why I love it so much!

Good Girl Gone Green said...

I am going to my very first conference at the end of the month and am looking for forward to it; anxious and nervous though!

No, I dont think anyone will ever forget that 9/11!

Anonymous said...

I doubt any of us will ever forget that day.

I've never been to a blogging conference, but I hope to go one day.

Jo said...

I loved that we could connect yesterday. I hope we will again...SOON!

Julie Jordan Scott said...

looks like a grand time was had by all... and I appreciate the tribute at the conclusion. My SOC Sunday did a flip flop - tribute at the top, other stuff at the bottom.

Grateful for your words.

Elyse said...

I don't think I could ever not remember 9/11. It rocked a great nation but also allowed us to come together as a nation.

Glad you had a great time at the conference.

Jessica said...

I have yet to go to a blogging conference, but I would like to someday.

And, you're right, we will never forget this day.

all.things.fadra said...

Thanks for sharing your memories of that day.

I've been to several conferences now and I do get a little giddy every time someone "recognizes" me. I love it!