Monday, June 14, 2010

Seasons Change

As Spring winds down & the First Day of Summer quickly approaches, I decided it was time to redecorate this space. It never hurts to freshen things up a bit. I'm the type that likes to change the decor in my home every season, so why not do the same here with my home away from home.

"There is only one moment in time when it is essential to awaken.  
That moment is now. - "The Buddha, India" 

I wish the last couple of days hadn't flown by so quickly. Our days were filled with a graduation, a wedding, an informal family gathering, plus a graduation open house - all substantial moments in life to cherish.  The open house got me thinking about all that I have to look forward to with my son in the years to come. When I see young men, I try to imagine what kind of man my son will turn out to be.  I have no doubt that with every new milestone reached, he will continue to make his mother proud. 

With this new daily work schedule, outside of my reading list, causes like preventing homelessness & regular family obligations, I'm craving incremental inspiration.  I am in the middle of brainstorming many more topics which people can identify and be passionate about.

I'm looking forward to planning fun Summer field trips with my son.  Now that we will have more weekend time for discovery, I know opportunities to make some fabulous new family memories, gather material for this blog and capture great photographs along the way will come.  


No comments: